The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 & Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Subclass 187 allows you to apply for permanent residency and requires the support of an Australian business.
To meet criteria to apply for this visa you must have an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). This is also the case for RSMS however additional occupations will be available for this stream, reflecting the skills needs in regional Australia. There are some exceptions to this, if you are subject to transitional arrangements.
There are two streams available within ENS/RSMS;
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream
- Direct Entry Stream
The Temporary Residence Transition Stream requires you to have worked for at least 3 years with your nominating employer.
The Direct Entry Stream requires you to have obtained a positive skills assessment outcome from the relevant authority & show evidence of at least 3 years experience in the nominated occupation.
Both streams require;
- The business to offer you a position for 2 years, notwithstanding renewal
- Evidence of at least 3 years work experience in your nominated occupation
- Evidence of meeting the relevant market salary
- Training benchmarks/SAF contribution when introduced
- Annual Market Salary Rate (AMSR) requirements
- Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) requirements
If you think you may be eligible but are unsure if you meet the new or transitional requirements, please get in touch for a free initial assessment of your options. Processing times are 5-15 months.