A Labour Agreement is a formal agreement between an Australian employer and the Australian government. They enable approved businesses to sponsor skilled overseas workers when there is a demonstrated need that cannot be met in the Australian labour market.
Labour Agreements fall into one of the following categories:
- Company specific (negotiated directly with an Australian business)
- Industry (there are currently 8 industry specific templates)
- Designated area migration agreements (only one in effect currently with the NT Government)
Labour Agreements will now become a formal ‘stream’ at nomination stage for the Employer Nomination Scheme visa Subclass 186.
Labour Agreement templates have recently been updated to cater for;
- Agreement date of 5 years (formerly 3 years)
- Use of the new TSS visa program
- expected new regulations to cater for the TSS and ENS changes
- new market salary rate framework
A business which enters into a Labour Agreement becomes an approved sponsor and can nominate and recruit overseas workers in the approved occupations. Negotiating a Labour Agreement is a detailed application process which and can take a number of months to prepare.
If you are interested in finding out more about obtaining a labour agreement for your business, contact us for further information. Simply Visas is a specialist in this area and have successfully obtained multiple Labour Agreements in different industry sectors.