There are several pathways available to allow an individual to apply for Australian Citizenship.
- Child adopted outside Australia by an Australian citizen
- Child aged 15 years or under or an unaccompanied minor
- Child aged 16 or 17
- Child born outside Australia to an Australian citizen
- Child of a former Australian citizen
- Commonwealth Child Migration scheme arrival
- Migrant with permanent residence
- New Zealand citizen living in Australia
- Person born in Papua before independence in 1975
- Resume Australian citizenship
- Spouse or partner of an Australian citizen
- Refugee and humanitarian entrants
The application is a detailed process which involves determining eligibility, preparing the application and supporting documents, attending an appointment, doing the Australian Citizenship test and attending a ceremony which is held by your local council. The processing time for Australian Citizenship is generally 80 calendar days.
If you would like to find out if you are eligible for Australian Citizenship, contact us for a free initial assessment.