What happens when the legislation is effective?
Temporary Skilled Workers (Subclass 482)
Sponsors with a turnover of less than $10 million per year will be required to pay an annual levy of $1,200 for each year the worker is employed.
Sponsors with a turnover greater than $10 million will be required to pay $1,800 for each year that the worker is employed.
Permanent Skilled Workers (Subclass 186/187 - all streams)
Sponsors with a turnover of less than $10 million per year will be required to pay a "one-off" levy of $3,000 for a permanent skilled visa.
Sponsors with a turnover greater than $10 million will be required to pay a "one-off" fee for permanent visas being $5,000.
Labour Market Testing
When the SAF is in place, in addition to the current requirements (detailed below) for Labour Market Testing, policy discretion will be completely removed and the following requirements will be imposed;
- The duration of the LMT must be 4 weeks (advertisements must run for 28 consecutive days)
- LMT must have been undertaken within the 4 months prior to the TSS Nomination being lodged
You will need to amend your internal processes, to ensure that the new requirements can be met.
Under policy, the Department would generally be satisfied that this requirement is met provided the advertising meets all of the below:
- the nominated position has been advertised in Australia
- the advertisement was in English and included the following information:
- the title, or a description, of the position
- the name of the approved sponsor or the name of the recruitment agency being used by the sponsor and
- the annual earnings for the position (unless the annual earnings will be greater than the Fair Work High Income Threshold)
You need to show evidence that at least two advertisements were published:
- on a national recruitment website (for example jobactive.gov.au). Note: a general classifieds website is not an acceptable method
- in national print media
- on national radio